An Evening with Chuck Cannon
Time & Location
About The Event
Get your tickets now to experience an evening of music, stories and fun featuring Chuck Cannon. If you have never heard of Chuck Cannon, we would bet you have heard his songs and just didn't know it. Along with the music, you will enjoy dinner featuring Gumbo, red beans with sausage and rice, salad, and bread sticks. The theme will be Mardi Gras and there will be beads available as well.
This event is BYOB, but tea and water will be provided.
By attending this event you will be helping Harley's Angels Cruzin' To Cure in their fight against breast cancer. This event is being sponsored by Texas Heart Strings.
Here is a little background on Mr. Cannon.
One of Cannon's first notable compositions was "I Love the Way You Love Me", a Number One hit for John Michael Montgomery in 1993, which Cannon co-wrote with Victoria Shaw. This song also won the Song of the Year award at the Academy of Country Music awards, which is awarded to songwriters.
Cannon then began working primarily for Toby Keith, including "Me Too", "Dream Walkin'", "We Were in Love", "Getcha Some", "If a Man Answers" and "When Love Fades" in the late 1990s, "How Do You Like Me Now?!" in 2000, and "American Soldier" in 2003-2004. "How Do You Like Me Now?!" was also the Number One country song of the year according to the Billboard Year-End charts. Both it and "I Love the Way You Love Me" earned Eight-Million-Air awards from Broadcast Music Incorporated for receiving eight million spins at radio. Cannon also self-released two albums: God Shaped Hole and Love and Money in 2006 and 2008, respectively.
Cannon's 2007 song "If I Was Jesus" was nominated for in the category Americana Song of the Year at the 7th Annual Independent Music Awards.Singles written by Cannon
- Sarah Buxton – "Space"
- Billy Dean – "This Is the Life"
- Wynonna Judd – “It All Comes Down To Love”, "Heaven Help Me", "Flies on the Butter (You Can't Go Home Again)"
- Toby Keith – "Me Too", "Dream Walkin'", "We Were in Love", "Getcha Some", "If a Man Answers", "When Love Fades", "How Do You Like Me Now?!", "American Soldier"
- Lonestar – "Saturday Night"
- Shane Minor – "Slave to the Habit"
- John Michael Montgomery – "I Love the Way You Love Me"
- Lari White – "What a Woman Wants", "That's My Baby", "That's How You Know (When You're in Love)"
- John & Audrey Wiggins – "She's in the Bedroom Crying"
- Danny Gokey – "I Will Not Say Goodbye"
- Night Ranger – "Forever All Over Again"
- George Strait – "Poison"
- Evening with Chuck Cannon$35$350$0